MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make theme based on usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
like the subject :
how to make theme based on usergroup for automatically load?
i have usergroup elite member that force using specify theme automatically if the member login.
and i have usergroup ordinary member that force using specify theme (different one).
another case if guest set to theme A, if user login, forum theme load automatically to theme B
how to do that?
sorry for my bad english

thanks!
ACP -> Templates and Styles -> Themes -> Your theme ->

Go here:

Allowed User Groups
Specify which user groups are allowed to use this theme. Selecting 'All User Groups' will override any other selection. Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple user groups.

Choose which one you want to use the theme.
(2011-05-08, 05:20 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates and Styles -> Themes -> Your theme ->

Go here:

Allowed User Groups
Specify which user groups are allowed to use this theme. Selecting 'All User Groups' will override any other selection. Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple user groups.

Choose which one you want to use the theme.

thanks for the answer, but that is not what i mean. i want the spesify usergroup automatically load spesify theme without choose from usercp firstly. if member usergroup have change to another usergroup, the theme automatically force to another theme that administrator had choose for that usergroup

sorry for my bad english
So you want the theme to automatically change when a member changes usergroups?

Do you have different themes for each usergroup?
(2011-05-08, 05:27 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]So you want the theme to automatically change when a member changes usergroups?

Do you have different themes for each usergroup?

yes!
i just had 3 themes
i will set usergroup guest to using theme A
if guest login it using usergroup member, theme automatically change to theme that i choosen (theme B)
if guest login it using usergroup moderator or elite member. theme automatically change to theme that i choosen (theme C)
Well you do exactly what I said, but for each theme. Set those settings for each theme. So if someone changes usergroups, the theme will automatically change.
(2011-05-08, 06:58 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Well you do exactly what I said, but for each theme. Set those settings for each theme. So if someone changes usergroups, the theme will automatically change.

i already try it, but it not work. theme still must selected manually from usercp -> options
I'd have thought what Spazmatic suggested would have worked but apparently not. In that case, I'm pretty sure you'll need a plugin.
(2011-05-09, 07:28 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have thought what Spazmatic suggested would have worked but apparently not. In that case, I'm pretty sure you'll need a plugin.

thanks for answer, what plugin is?
You'll have to get someone to develop a plugin for you. Try Yaldaram.com.
Pages: 1 2