MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Syndication?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not really sure you know what you're trying to do here. You don't 'translate' anything to PHP, you just put that in a PHP file and write the PHP separately. And I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying you want it to 'fit' in there, a query has nothing to do with fitting data into a HTML element, a query just gets data, how you make the data fit into a HTML element is up to you... Undecided
Must say that I'm in the same position as Matt. I have no idea of what you're trying to do. You tried to explain the same thing to me yesterday and I didn't understand then either.
(2011-05-09, 09:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really sure you know what you're trying to do here. You don't 'translate' anything to PHP, you just put that in a PHP file and write the PHP separately. And I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying you want it to 'fit' in there, a query has nothing to do with fitting data into a HTML element, a query just gets data, how you make the data fit into a HTML element is up to you... Undecided

Do I insert the HTML before<?php or whatever starts it, I'm no good with PHP.

And since you say that a query calls the data, what is the way to insert this data, I don't care for the styling, I just want the posts, post author, and avatar, but I do not want the syndication to pick up on nonessential items.

(2011-05-09, 09:25 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Must say that I'm in the same position as Matt. I have no idea of what you're trying to do. You tried to explain the same thing to me yesterday and I didn't understand then either.
Then, I changed my tune, and decided to do it the way the portal had it.
Learn to walk before you run. You should learn the basics of PHP before trying something like this, or get someone who knows PHP to do it for you.
Pages: 1 2