MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moderator approval of posts for new users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to ask what is probably an obvious question, but I've never done it before and I had no luck searching here for an answer.

I want to set up a system where until a user has a set number of posts (let's say 5), all of their posts need moderator approval before being publicly viewable.

It would be nice if I could set this up via the usergroup system, so it would be an automatic type thing.

Once a user meets five posts, they will move into a new usergroup that has full posting privileges.

Any ideas how to set this up?

I'm not having any luck finding it in the admincp.
Is this what you mean:

1)Set Registered usergroup to have all their posts moderated
2)Create a usergroup that the users won't be moderated anymore (e.g. Member).
3)Create a group promotion that moves users from usergroup Registered to usergroup Member when they reach X posts

???
YES, that would be perfect. I can't seem to find any options for moderating posts on a "per usergroup" basis. I've been through the options in the admincp. It must be there, but I think I'm missing it!
Thank you for the help.

I used that mod you linked to in conjunction with usergroup promotions, to set up a system:

- registers

Registered
- can not view profile and posts in moderation queue

Verified
- after moderator approves 5 posts, user becomes "Verified" and gets full priveleges, this should REALLY reduce spam!