MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging threads from a spreadsheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Glad you got it solved. Sorry I took so long to answer, I was at work.
Wow, this thread has nearly 110k views. o.O
(2011-05-14, 10:11 AM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this thread has nearly 110k views. o.O

o_O

[offtopic]weird, recent threads, every thread seems to have a lot of views in a short time Confused [/offtopic]
(2011-05-14, 10:11 AM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this thread has nearly 110k views. o.O

very weird, didn't think it would interest too many people. I had a similar Thread in 1.6 Support a month ago . . . still only about 90 views and no replies.

. . . reposted here after a few weeks as I thought Dylan would be the best person to ask . . . and he was!!

Cheers
Hey Dylan,
Tried a big import today and all looked great. When viewing the thread in the forum, the entire post was formatted (color and bold areas) but all on one line. When I edited the post the format appeared fine and complete with paragraph marks. Without editing it, I saved it and it was as I wanted.

Other than selecting edit and then save on all 3500 posts, do you have any idea how I may be able to fix this?

Thanks again
Rich
Have you run the recount & rebuild tools in the ACP? Thats the only thing I can think of offhand that would correct it offhand.
Yep, I have tried the tools in ACP. I will reimport later today and try it all again just in case.

Will let you know

Cheers
Ok, thanks.
I've tried importing into a newly created forum but again each "message" is not showing paragraph marks by default. If I edit one of the posts, and save without making any changes, it displays correctly.

I have tried optimizing the db, have tried recount & rebuild, and also tried editing the _posts "messages", but none seem to work.

Maybe I'll just have to live with it, or spend the next few months editing and saving.

One last question, after importing the posts and threads, the field "replies" in the _threads table automatically populates to 1, do you know how I can convert them all back to 0 (it's been 15 years since I've used SQL!)??

Thanks again for your continued help

-----------

fyi. I have just created both a SMF and phpbb forums and attempted to convert my mybb to them. I was hoping they would correct the prob and then I could then convert back. Both displayed the same as mybb after convert (however SMF had replies correct at '0') . . .
Give me a couple days and I should have a solution for you
Pages: 1 2 3