MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum contains new posts icon stays active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I have a problem with mybb forum http://www.impossibletrees.com/forum/
MyBB version 1.6.3

The "new post" icons stays active after I have read all the posts in a thread.

This is what I've tried (based on suggestions found on this forum too) but still no luck:
- Of course I've read all the threads, and also clicked on the icon beside the forum
- I've tried clicking "Mark all forums read" several times with two different users (an administrator user and a "normal" user)
- I have cleared everything, including cache, in browser history (both on firefox and google chrome - the problem is still there in both cases)
- I tried to rebuild and reload caches in the admin cp
- The option to send no cache headers is ON
- I went to ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Read Threads in Database (Days) and tried to set it to 1 (default was 0) (based on this solution http://community.mybb.com/thread-70899-p...#pid513980 )

But still nothing.

As well, since in the link I posted above new users didn't seem to have the problem, I tried registering a new user but nothing, the problem is there anyway.

Just an additional info: the forum is a /forum/ subfolder inside a wordpress website and yesterday I installed on the site the WP Super Cache plugin. Yesterday morning the forum worked fine, everything was perfect. Yesterday night I checked again and the problem was there.
I can't be 100% sure the problem has something to do with the wordpress plugin, though. I've deactivated and uninstalled the plugin and everything in the rest of the site runs well.

Anyway, if this problem is too hard to solve, please let me know a way to backup the users, threads and posts and maybe re-install the whole forum.
I mean, the forum is new and I only have a few users... I wouldn't mind losing the current customization and start over, as long I can backup the users and threads... Which are the exact tables I should backup to save threads, posts and users only?

Thanks in advance!
Its working here, Try to clear your cache and delete browser history once again. Also make a force refresh. CTRL + F5
Well, there is a known issue in MyBB which marks random forums unread. The only solution there is to this day, is to click "Mark all forums read" in the bottom of your index page if you are done reading all new posts.

More info: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40284.html
How strange, now it works with the new user, still nothing with the admin.
I'll ask the other users, then... if they have a problem, maybe the solution is to ask them to sign up again...
(2011-05-09, 11:16 AM)gloria Wrote: [ -> ]How strange, now it works with the new user, still nothing with the admin.
I'll ask the other users, then... if they have a problem, maybe the solution is to ask them to sign up again...

Newer users will have less problems because the read-information is still in the database.