MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no suitable database extensions - help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, complete novice here. I’m attempting to install mybb on an ‘arvixe asp pro hosted account’ – disappointingly not the linux variety which has an automated mybb install – and have run into the following error:
MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.
Reading about this error, the common solution is to uncomment the extension=php_mysql.dll and possibly the php_mysqli as well; problem is, i don’t have access to the php.ini as it’s a shared hosting environment. So basically, is this impossible to achieve in my situation – or how do i get the DB extensions activated.
Thanks in anticipation for any help, cheers.
You'll have to ask your host to enable it. I'm surprised they don't have it enabled by default since they list both php and mysql 5 for their asp hosting.
Yeah ask your host to modify the php.ini for you Smile
On a side note, now that I read this thread again, maybe look for a new host because I personally feel this isn't something you should have to ask to get enabled. Especially with the modern web of blogs and what not, making a lot of sites dynamic.
They have possibly disabled it to reduce the amount of load on their servers = more customers Confused

If a host doesn't have the mysql extension installed by default, use a different host. Not the sort of thing you should have to ask to be set up.