MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will merging delete old forum and DB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-05-10, 05:10 PM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 11:14 AM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 11:12 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 05:06 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, I went wild and didn't read much into it. We merge a vB 4.1.2 forum. I just noticed that it might not support that version. But if everything but passwords merged that's a good thing. Just to figure out the password deal and sending reset password emails. I have 4 test profiles and a week to play around.

Yes, vB 4 is not yet officially supported.

Will the plugin I found him work, or does he have to merge over first.
I'll let you know if it works tonight.

Ok good luck it should work hopefully, just depends on getting your information merged.
(2011-05-10, 05:11 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 05:10 PM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 11:14 AM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 11:12 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 05:06 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, I went wild and didn't read much into it. We merge a vB 4.1.2 forum. I just noticed that it might not support that version. But if everything but passwords merged that's a good thing. Just to figure out the password deal and sending reset password emails. I have 4 test profiles and a week to play around.

Yes, vB 4 is not yet officially supported.

Will the plugin I found him work, or does he have to merge over first.
I'll let you know if it works tonight.

Ok good luck it should work hopefully, just depends on getting your information merged.
Well got the password issue solved, for now. A pain to reset everyones passwords but it works.

Now I did a backup and restore on a new server and it loads ok, but when trying to go into admin cp it allows me, but with every change I make it loops back to the admin cp login and reverts back to the other setting.
HuhHuh

He'll need the plugin from the SVN trunk, and even that may or may not work since he didn't convert using the trunk code. Of course the vB4 module in the trunk is a very early alpha version, so it doesn't completely work anyways.
(2011-05-11, 03:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]He'll need the plugin from the SVN trunk, and even that may or may not work since he didn't convert using the trunk code. Of course the vB4 module in the trunk is a very early alpha version, so it doesn't completely work anyways.
I like mybb, you actually give an answer. Not like vB.

Anyway, here's what we've got working so far.
I solved the login issue, Had to read the tutorial on moving servers (someone needs to put the change setting.php line in bold) actually read it twice. Got that solved.
Got the threads, forums, posts, and members merged and moved.

Not working passwords, although sending out a reset is an option, also asking the member to reset the password via the forgot password link is a better idea. Got email to send using SMTP mail.

So so far, it's looking better. Although a few notes, the merge created a double of usergroups, forums, threads, and posts. This could have been my fault. Not sure.BlushBlush

(2011-05-11, 04:58 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Although a few notes, the merge created a double of usergroups, forums, threads, and posts. This could have been my fault. Not sure.BlushBlush

That happens if you run the merge system twice w/out restoring a backup of MyBB from before you merged the first time.
(2011-05-11, 04:58 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-11, 03:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]He'll need the plugin from the SVN trunk, and even that may or may not work since he didn't convert using the trunk code. Of course the vB4 module in the trunk is a very early alpha version, so it doesn't completely work anyways.
I like mybb, you actually give an answer. Not like vB.

Anyway, here's what we've got working so far.
I solved the login issue, Had to read the tutorial on moving servers (someone needs to put the change setting.php line in bold) actually read it twice. Got that solved.
Got the threads, forums, posts, and members merged and moved.

Not working passwords, although sending out a reset is an option, also asking the member to reset the password via the forgot password link is a better idea. Got email to send using SMTP mail.

So so far, it's looking better. Although a few notes, the merge created a double of usergroups, forums, threads, and posts. This could have been my fault. Not sure.BlushBlush

I have been coming here to get support for about 2 weeks, and I can tell you now that this Forum is fantastic, the help I have had is beyond anything I could of asked for anywhere else. The members are great and friendly as well, I find myself on here now more than my own Forum sometimes Huh lol.

Thanks for the comments guys Smile
Pages: 1 2