MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone remember? What year did eBay fees almost double to current rates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final value fee*:
*All price ranges for "Auction style listings"
9.0% of the item’s total cost to the buyer.
That 9% doesn't even include the insertion fee. Confused

I'm pretty sure Final value fee used to be a lot closer to 5 or 5.5%.
  • Anyone remember: What year was the big increase?
  • Also, doesn't that seem way too high for most sellers to make decent money on anything?
Wasn't it around the time they bought Paypal? I thought that they raised the fees for those who didn't use Paypal and then eventually they raised the fees to even if you used Paypal.
Kijiji Wink
(2011-05-10, 02:07 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't it around the time they bought Paypal? I thought that they raised the fees for those who didn't use Paypal and then eventually they raised the fees to even if you used Paypal.

You might be correct on several details KuJoe, but I remember fees of ~5.5% (or no higher than 7%) as late as 2006/2007.

(2011-05-10, 03:12 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2006/...rease-plan

~5 years goes by too fast, thanks Kodaks.

#
Anyone here still sell on eBay? Toungue

I used to sell quite a bit, now I just buy from ebay all the time. I've found quite a few great deals.
(2011-05-10, 03:54 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]I used to sell quite a bit, now I just buy from ebay all the time. I've found quite a few great deals.

Agreed, when I'm looking for anything that would have a low shipping cost, then eBay is still great to be a buyer.

Sellers beware!
Caveat venditor is Latin for "let the seller beware".

Only sold 2 items on ebay in the past few years, the amount you have to sell in order to break even puts the small guy out while the large corperations that have taken over the listings make a lot of money. Plus if the buyer is a schemer then you'll have a very hard time to get your money back or the issue resolved on the item you sold.
Love buying. Great place to get some cheap old parts for peoples machines.