MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Header...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to know how to hide my forum name from being displayed in the navigation/header of my index page.

For example, as I am posting this the header navigation is "MyBB Community Forums / MyBB Support / MyBB 1.4 General Support / New Thread "

How can I hide that from showing just when users are on the homepage?
Just log in to admin cp and go to 'Configuration' then select 'setting' then 'General Configuration' in it you have the first option as board name change it as you want and save then the deafault message is out from forum
That has nothing to do with this.

I am asking how to remove the header navigation from the index page but keep it on all other pages.
when users are on homepage, they can only see your forum name, you want to hide it ?
No he wants to remove this:
MyBB Community Forums / MyBB Support / MyBB 1.6 General Support / Editing Header...
Like what you see from this thread, but on his site.
(2011-05-10, 03:59 AM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]No he wants to remove this:
MyBB Community Forums / MyBB Support / MyBB 1.6 General Support / Editing Header...
Like what you see from this thread, but on his site.

(2011-05-10, 03:47 AM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking how to remove the header navigation from the index page but keep it on all other pages.

That's why i asked
Here is what I want very simply:

I want to remove the navigation from the homepage.

But I do not want it to be removed from all the other pages.

I cannot just remove <navigation> from the header template because that will remove it from all the pages which is not what I want.
That navigation bar doesn't even show up on the index. Link to forum?
(2011-05-10, 04:26 AM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]That navigation bar doesn't even show up on the index. Link to forum?

Really? I have never seen it NOT show up on the index page. It even shows up on the mybb.com index page.

Open ./global.php and find;
$navbits = array();
$navbits[0]['name'] = $mybb->settings['bbname_orig'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
and Change it into;
if(THIS_SCRIPT != "index.php") {
$navbits = array();
$navbits[0]['name'] = $mybb->settings['bbname_orig'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
}

This'll hide the Navigation only from index.php Wink
Pages: 1 2