MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Forum Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-03-04, 02:11 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-04, 01:34 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ oh! sorry, I thought you are using a ftp program like filezilla . if you are using file manager in cpanel then you have to create
a new folder in plugins directory named extraforumperm AND again new folder in extraforumperm named lang ... & so on AND
upload the files . if it is confusing for you then I can install it, if you provide temporary access thru PM ..

Thanks very much Ranjani I got it to work Smile

You had better luck than I did and I even sent a donation. I guess I wont be doing that again.

Same experience here click on activate and get a blank screen. So far the only thing that works is the donate button.
(2012-04-10, 04:47 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]You had better luck than I did and I even sent a donation. I guess I wont be doing that again.

Same experience here click on activate and get a blank screen. So far the only thing that works is the donate button.

This is what I had to do: inc > plugins > upload "extraforumperm.php" > make a new folder titled "extraforumperm" > open that and make new folder titled "lang" > open that and make new folder titled "english" > open that and upload "extraforumperm.lang.php" > also in the new "english" folder make new folder titled "admin" > open that and upload the "extraforumperm.lang.php" from the admin folder.

Hope that helps.
(2012-04-10, 05:13 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-10, 04:47 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]You had better luck than I did and I even sent a donation. I guess I wont be doing that again.

This is what I had to do: inc > plugins > upload "extraforumperm.php" > make a new folder titled "extraforumperm" > open that and make new folder titled "lang" > open that and make new folder titled "english" > open that and upload "extraforumperm.lang.php" > also in the new "english" folder make new folder titled "admin" > open that and upload the "extraforumperm.lang.php" from the admin folder.

Hope that helps.

Nope not your way or the author's.
Don't know then, sorry.
here i get problems....
please solve it.
why extra not seen in permission as seen in here in first post.

can any one explain steps of installation properly????
i had done both ways..
1.... upload all folder in plugins

2nd is Uploading extraforumperm folder files in language and extraforumperm.php in plugins..
but not showing option in Extra Permission in forum management but i can see extra in groups permission.

i want to see extra in forum management > forum> permissions> custom permissions>extra (as seen in author first post here)
(2012-05-03, 05:29 AM)WINBOY Wrote: [ -> ]here i get problems....
please solve it.

i had done both ways..

2nd is Uploading extraforumperm folder files in language and extraforumperm.php in plugins..
but not showing option in Extra Permission in forum management but i can see extra in groups permission.

i want to see extra in forum management > forum> permissions> custom permissions>extra (as seen in author first post here)

Enjoy the blank screen because that is all you are going to get.

DO NOT DONATE!!!ExclamationExclamationExclamation
(2012-05-03, 05:29 AM)WINBOY Wrote: [ -> ]here i get problems....
please solve it.

i had done both ways..

I never got that bit to work either. I just made a note of what they are or have two tabs open (1 User Group and 1 Forum Perms) so you can see what they are.

The box's do work in the same order but you get no information on Forum Permissions. I just put up with it as you don't need to change it often.
Very nice plugin, imho this should be a default feature in myBB.

+1
Please add permission to view links.
Looks great... BUT dont work for me.
The install is fine, no error messages i see all options...

Mybb 1.6.9

Procedure:

1. Modify group policy and disable post links
2. Create new user to post
3. Create post with links
4. The user can create this post with no problems Sad

This should be a default feature in myBB.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5