MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply - Loading Forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

At my new forums, MyBB Tailor, I created my own custom theme. In the theme I removed the new tables for each post so now the posts flow as you'll see in any thread with multiple posts.

http://www.mybbtailor.com/forums.php

Unfortunately if you use the quick reply system it remains loading forever. If you refresh your post is posted but it stays loading.

Is there a fix for this?

Cheers,
Clarkie
Can you provide a test account, please?
Judging from the speed of your site, I'm guessing this is a host issue. When my hosting is going through troubles, quick reply takes a while to load as well.

I don't think this is a MyBB issue.
(2011-05-10, 03:40 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide a test account, please?

User: MyBB1.6Support
Pass: pass555

(2011-05-10, 05:46 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Judging from the speed of your site, I'm guessing this is a host issue. When my hosting is going through troubles, quick reply takes a while to load as well.

I don't think this is a MyBB issue.

I have two other sites running on the same host. Neither have any issues.
Your theme is screwed up. There is a tbody in every postbit and there should be an element with this attribute:
id="pid_{$post['pid']}"

Try to revert both the postbit and postbit_classic to the default.
I edited them to fit with the theme...
(2011-05-10, 07:17 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]I edited them to fit with the theme...

Yes, but it's never a good idea to make it completely different from the default. Make sure there is an element (a div or a table) that has this attribute:
id="pid_{$post['pid']}"
I removed the excess tbody tags. Will test now.
Not worked hold on.
Postbit
{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>

<tr>
			<td class="tcat">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}{$post['newpoints_postbit']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				{$post['iplogged']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

Postbit Classic
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}{$post['newpoints_postbit']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>

Reverting to original has worked but now the threads are mucked up...

Made the same edits and it's mucked up again.

All I'm doing is removing the new table from the postbit so it goes into the old table.
Right - I've fixed it but not how I wanted too. I wanted to have the posts as part of the table rather than each one in it's own table.
Don't know what you've done to your templates as the postbit template has no opening or closing table tag. You can't dramatically change the templates and still expect all features to work. The postbit template needs to have the table tag, with id="post_{$post['pid']}" in it.
Oh okay that'll be the issue. Yes I know I removed the table tags etc. That's because the thread has a table and all the posts were in it. Could I have a td/tr with the id?
Pages: 1 2