MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need PHP & iDevice/Android Coders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I need a highly advanced PHP coder along with iPhone and Android coder. I would be much more pleased if you can do all 3. I will be willing to pay once I reach the funds but if you are going to ask for loads of money its already a no. I am not looking to blow money on this. However I may not be able to pay in full, if so then payment plans will be created for it and you will be payed back in full with a medium sized bonus for the wait of your full payment.

The service will be a music streaming service. A user will register, choose their plan, and upload their music to be streamed by their device. Now I know what your going to say, piracy. After the user signs up, they will be given an activation code for which to be used once they login on their device. It will ask for the code you enter it and it will verify you for that device ONLY. These codes will expire after 60 minutes (1 hour) and can only be used ONCE. The free plan will only allow 1 device to be connected to it, none more. Paid plans will vary depending on plan.

NOTICE: Do not ask if I need a designer, I do not.

Please do not criticize this project, I do not care what you think nor your opinion wether it would be successful or not. I do not care. However if you do have some more piracy precautions please post them below I would like to know those. (that means you Uncontrol Big Grin)

Current Jobs Available:
- PHP & MySQL Developer - MUST be highly advanced and well with security.
- iPhone Developer - Advanced also well in security. - Hired, welcome Liam Nichols.
- Android Developer - Advanced also well in security.
- Investor (If any)

Quick clarification, the PHP developer must also have an understanding of MySQL to store the users etc. You must also need to be VERY orginized. Like the MyBB default php pages are labeled and stored well in good places. Such as JS in jscripts, scripts in includes, images in images and so on.
Thank you.
You probably want to look into licensing for this. I mean I know pandora pays a ton and there is talk of record companies going after amazon with their new cloud mp3.
Sounds awfully like the Ubuntu One Cloud music service too. How would this be sustainable? DO you have the resources to promote this and make it long term?

Just some things to think about before you pay out for all this stuff.
(2011-05-11, 09:20 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awfully like the Ubuntu One Cloud music service too. How would this be sustainable? DO you have the resources to promote this and make it long term?

Just some things to think about before you pay out for all this stuff.

I will be getting amazon s3. I decided since paid plans have so much space that I will open it to music, videos and photos. I will also be registering advertisements on a couple networks. I went over the prices last night and they seem huge.
E.g. 10,000 clients purchasing the 100gb plan, that's a profit of 2.6 million USD. That is also with 12.5gb for bandwidth for each customer per month. Being completely honest I have never heard of Ubuntu One Cloud music and I love ubuntu. If I can get the right coders I can take this far.
Well, good luck anyway Wink If you can offer free plans, you'll have the advantage over Ubuntu One (they only offer paid plans). I can't believe you've never heard about it though - they've been making a ton of noise about it and the Music store downloads songs to the service by default now since 10.10: https://one.ubuntu.com/mobile/