MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL 1064 Error After Detail Input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,
I have searched with some keywords and have not found the problem that is merge specific. If there was one I missed, I apologize in advance, but I did search.

Anyway, I have a forum running 1.6.3 and I am trying to merge a phpbb 3.0.8 board into it. I self-host the server with MAMP 1.9.5 for the Mac. So technically, I am the host, and this is the only place really for me to reach out to.
I entered the correct username, password, database server (localhost) and made sure that every detail was correct. Great! But, then when I proceed, I get the error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_post_trackers ( pid int NOT NULL default '0', import_pid int NOT NULL default '0', import_uid int NOT NULL default '0', KEY pid (pid,import_pid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I am not that much of a geek when it comes to MySQL or anything related to it, so I would greatly appreciate an explanation of the issue I am having and a possible solution.

I had tried it before having any plugins installed, and it still failed, so I can tell that it is not plugin-related.

Thanks,
GamerVoid (yeah, my username is the name of my site)
(2011-05-11, 04:42 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]In ./install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php - change all instances of

TYPE=MyISAM

to

ENGINE=MyISAM

But, I am confused how the install directory relates to the issue. MyBB is already been installed and is functional, so could you please explain how the install directory comes in after the install?

And edit: engine=myisam is already the setting.
What's your MySQL version ? If its 5.5 then it would throw the same error. This is because MySQL has removed the TYPE option in sql.
(2011-05-11, 04:51 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]What's your MySQL version ? If its 5.5 then it would throw the same error. This is because MySQL has removed the TYPE option in sql.

MySQL client version 5.5.9
(2011-05-11, 04:42 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]In ./install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php - change all instances of

TYPE=MyISAM

to

ENGINE=MyISAM

Yaldaram, you really need to start reading the threads in their entirety before you jump on to give a solution. The OP explained it that he is trying to merge and you give him a solution regarding installation. Whats more, the OP mentioned they are on 1.6.3, the MySQL 5.5 error was fixed in that version so it would not throw this error for installation as you would have them believe.

@OP: To fix this problem you need to make the change from type to engine in the merge script.

Do the following:

Open merge/resources/functions.php
Around Line #271 change
TYPE=MyISAM;
to
ENGINE=MyISAM;
Thanks G33K for that answer. I will head off to fix it now. This should save me a lot of time in the long run, because my original plan was recreate the users, and set a password that I knew temporarily, then make the posts. This should really help....

Anyway, I appreciate the help!
On a related note, this is already fixed in the svn code and will be included in the next release of the Merge System.