MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation freezing with SQLite3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues with my installation freezing at "Theme Insertion," but the other threads I have searched have gone over my head. The only thing I can think is that something is up with my database, but I'm not sure where the error is. It must be "database path," right?

The other threads have said "dl this database file" etc. but the guide says "this is the path where you want to save the file. I have no idea what any of this means.

I got past the CHMOD stuff, uploading, etc. but I am a complete novice and I've reached a big roadblock here. Any help or walkthroughs on how to properly setup this SQLite database or properly input the path would be greatly appreciated.
Use MySQL...
How? My webhost's control panel has nothing on MySQL, so I am very open to suggestions on what to do, but I thought my best bet was to run SQLite myself. But as far as I got with SQLite, I can't really get anywhere with MySQL since I wouldn't know where to look for a host, username, password, etc.

Edit: to reiterate:

(2011-05-11, 01:22 PM)Etteril Wrote: [ -> ]complete novice
If your host does not offer MySQL, switch to a host that does.
I don't want to start from scratch and waste my money to switch just for a forum. Technology issues can be frustrating, and I don't really have the patience to read "start over because I don't like your database options." If you have no knowledge of SQLite or the issue I'm dealing with, I guess this isn't the thread for you. MyBB apparently has some sort of compatibility with SQLite, so that's what I would like help with.

Bump for someone who will help me with my question.
Whether you like it or not, the current situation is that in order to run a problem free forum based on PHP / MyBB, you have no choice but to use MySQL. This is because there are unresolved bugs and issues with the support for alternative databases in MyBB.

The issue you're seeing might be this one: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1276

There is currently no patch available that resolves this issue, and even if there was, I'd not have suggested it to you since patching MyBB code is not exactly the best choice for a "complete novice". And even if you get around this one problem, you'll just run into another.

You want to run MyBB, you must use MySQL. That is quite simply fact.

If you want to stick to SQLite no matter what, try Drupal. Their SQLite support is more sophisticated than MyBB's.
I have installed MyBB with SQLite several times and I had no problems. But most plugins just support MySQL so I'd recommend to use MySQL which is the standard for php application.