MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL 1062 Error duplicate Entry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yet another reason to get rid of phpBB since that causes issues.
So what should I do in order to resolve this problem?
You can try merging with the option to convert to utf8 turned off, since its already in utf8. Sadly this has been a problem with the merge system for awhile, and its something I have 0 experience with. We could honestly use an encoding expert to help out with this particular issue.
(2011-11-27, 04:41 PM)srand Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing a test run conversion from phpbb3 to myBB 1605 using myBB merge 1602.

I am receiving this same error but in a different circumstance; I get it for usernames with specialcharacters, although the characters themselves don't seem to be translating correctly.

For example, while running the Users part of the merge I get the following error:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'Fländer' for key 2

When I used the e-mail address to look up the user on the phpbb board, I find that his username there is 'Fländer'.

Doing a select on 'Fländer' in the phpbb MySQL, there is only one of him. There are none of that name in the myBB database, but there is already a 'Fländer'.

At the moment I have just been deleting the first version of 'Fländer' and resuming the user merge, and except for the fact that the username is 'Fländer' this seems to be working. But I have an awful lot of users with special characters in their names.

I suspect this may also be related to the UTF-8 issue mentioned here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-87205.html

I am also facing exactly same problem while merging vb 3.8.4 databse.
Isnt there an option to NOT import users while merging or import only a range of users, lets say 1000 instead of all?
Pages: 1 2 3