MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How secure is MyBB against bots and hacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am new to MyBB and am considering if this is the right choice as a platform for my website's forum.

I'm wondering what mod's and/or plugins are used to protect MyBB from attacks? As well as how effective are they?

Thanks!Blush
its as good as any other platform. just as others do, MyBB has the occasional minor security issue and they tend to be resolved rather quickly.

most people that are hacked are because of the server setup, not MyBB. there are several threads here that discuss ways to enhance security of your MyBB install. Some are easy to deal with and cause you no extra steps when using it, others add 1-2 steps for admins to login.
Thanks,

What specifically do you implement if i may ask?

(2011-05-11, 03:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]its as good as any other platform. just as others do, MyBB has the occasional minor security issue and they tend to be resolved rather quickly.

most people that are hacked are because of the server setup, not MyBB. there are several threads here that discuss ways to enhance security of your MyBB install. Some are easy to deal with and cause you no extra steps when using it, others add 1-2 steps for admins to login.

(2011-05-11, 04:01 PM)otherwhirl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks,

What specifically do you implement if i may ask?

(2011-05-11, 03:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]its as good as any other platform. just as others do, MyBB has the occasional minor security issue and they tend to be resolved rather quickly.

i wont give away what my setup is for MyBB, but i have made sure that my server itself is secured as much as possible without being so locked down its does not function.

I would suggest that you search the forums for the various suggestions.
It's as secure as we can make it. If something comes up, we fix it.
MyBB is much more secure then a lot of other software.
WBB, PhpBB, and many other board-software had more security-issues then MyBB.
Well, VBB's last issue is only a few weeks ago: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...rity-Patch Wink

The MyBB sourcecode is good and secure designed, and the fixes are really fast.