MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Homepage Control v1.2 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This works in a similar way to my Signature control plugin. It simply removes the user's homepage from view in both their profile and in the postbit. There are no messy template edits, so this works across all of your themes. It also means it should work through theme upgrades and installs.

Simply install the plugin and specify the required postcount to display your homepage. If the user does not meet the requirement, they may set a hompage but nobody will be able to see it.

Files:
[attachment=22682]
Download on Mods site: http://mods.mybb.com/view/homepage-control

Bugs:
-none

Changelog:
- 11/05/2011 - 1.2 Final Released (1.0-1.2.1 internal release only)
I'd check if the user meets the required postnum while editing the profile and throw out an error if he doesn't (using the inline_error() function), instead of what you're doing which in my opinion isn't very user-friendly.

Good work anyways! Smile
Yeah i could do Smile its still a bit of a WIP Smile

I'm going to add all sorts of different conditions and also add some verification in for the user Smile
If it's a "WIP" shouldn't the "Final" word of the title and everything else be removed?
I suppose, but it's the final version of 1.2, with all of the bugs fixed
Will it also hide it from searchengines as well.
Yes, it hides the sig based on the number of posts if the user that posted Smile
It works great thanks.
You're welcome Smile
Tom, I like the idea of it not being visible as opposed to what some above have said about wanting it to throw an error. Maybe a future version could offer both options, idk. But I like the idea of it working just the way it is, this way it's more passive. Only a spammer would be deterred by this plugin. A normal user would just go "hmmm" if they noticed at all.

I appreciate the plugin, these spammers are horrible!
Pages: 1 2