MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User with permission cannot see new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Version 1.6.3 (recently upgraded from 1.4.?)
PHP Version 5.3.2
MySQL Version 5.0.90

After upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6 (in case that's useful info) i have added a new category and forum and set the permissions for both.
I logged in as a typical user and attempted to post to the new forum but was told i didn't have permission to do so.
"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be ..."
Went back as admin to check the permissions were set -- yes they were.
Went back as user to repost but was told it's already been posted, go to the content to see it -- no, it's not there!
Deleted History and Cookies and Cache from browser, and tried again -- still no good.
The post is visible to me as admin/moderator but not to a guest/member, even though the permissions seem to be correct.
What else should i be doing/checking?
Thanks for your help.

Typical user: betatester
Password: btbtbt
The "invisible" thread: http://www.underhill.ca/copan_support/fo....php?fid=9
Hi, what's the subject of the thread?
if its really invisible, how am i supposed to know?
However, if you are talking about "Remember to change your password!" thread, then i can view it as a guest!

btw, i cannot create a new thread from that username though
(2011-05-14, 04:33 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, what's the subject of the thread?

It's the "hand-held" forum. I see you've posted at least one, naming yourself, and there's also a post "rthrthr". I see them as moderator but not as a guest or as betatester. Is that weird?
(2011-05-14, 05:01 AM)Martin F Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-14, 04:33 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, what's the subject of the thread?

It's the "hand-held" forum. I see you've posted at least one, naming yourself, and there's also a post "rthrthr". I see them as moderator but not as a guest or as betatester. Is that weird?

wow, can you see them, yep both of them were posted by me for testing purpose,.
but then, sorry for the second thread, it makes no sense..

after the thread was posted, i was shown the error message too that i have no permission,
i thought i ad no permission to post the thread, but then, since you can read the thread, i think there's some other problem...

please check in the forum settings again and see that the following permissions are set for that particular usergroup

Quote:• View
• Post Threads
• Post Replies
• Post Polls
I suppose it's possible to intentionally allow users to post but not see, though it'd be a very bizzare situation.

Here's "proof" that i didn't do that: admin screen shot

btw, thanks for investigating

Thanks for the reply, does the forum contain posts by others?
If not, can you try "deleting" that particular forum and creating it again , along with setting the permissions?
Is this forum set as a forum where users may only see their own threads??
(2011-05-14, 08:52 AM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Is this forum set as a forum where users may only see their own threads??

i guess no because from gis screenshot from the above post

(2011-05-14, 05:24 AM)Martin F Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it's possible to intentionally allow users to post but not see, though it'd be a very bizzare situation.

Here's "proof" that i didn't do that: admin screen shot

btw, thanks for investigating

It doesn't seem to have custom settings to view thread
PM me admin login details if you want me to take a look at the permissions.
You had custom permissions on the category, where Can view threads within forum? was unticked. I've fixed it for the forum you linked above but haven't checked the other forums.
Pages: 1 2