MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Ripped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A site ripped a custom theme of mine, they also removed my copyright. I made this theme for another site. I know who the owner of the site is , What I should do? Send a DMCA or ask the owner to remove the theme?

Edited by Tim B. to remove references to individuals.
I'll suggest use your both rights. i.e. send a DMCA with sending a PM to him as well.
Just DMCA the host. Simples.
Quote:General discussions that aren't about MyBB.
It's about figuring out how to handle someone stealing something of yours. It just happens that it's a mybb theme so I think this forum is fine. Although Web Development and Administration may have been better, it doesn't belong in any of the MyBB support forums.
(2011-05-12, 01:25 PM)Stely Wrote: [ -> ]

Its about copyright issues, not MyBB.

I can show you hundreds of threads posted in General forum that aren't about MyBB but related to MyBB. We try to help each other here and discuss things about MyBB and related to MyBB. Its a MyBB theme's copyright infringement and a MyBB user did it, thats why I posted it here, simple.
(2011-05-12, 01:45 PM)Kaiser. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-12, 01:41 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]

I can show you hundreds of threads posted in General forum that aren't about MyBB but related to MyBB.

This is the right place to post it.. its the off-topic section. Dont worry about that idiot sukanjan.

best idea would be to contact the host of that forum which ripped your theme, thats what I would have done.

Thanks, yes I already contacted the site owner and gave him 2 days to remove the theme. If he remove the theme within the time limit then its ok, otherwise I have to send DMCA to the host.

Similar thing just happened to me. I contacted the owner who was very uncooperative so I contacted their host.
I would rather no specific details were mentioned to avoid potentially incorrectly implicating someone.

Please feel free to continue the discussion with respect to handling copyright violations in a general sense.
Pages: 1 2