MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Absolute path problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I see what my max_active_connections is set at?

Dreamhost sounds pretty good! I may have to check them out!
Found a little more info...

My members are being blocked for too many HTTP connections? What is an HTTP connection and is there any way to regulate how many my users have open before they might get blocked?
Any request to your website is an HTTP connection Big Grin A page loading can consist of more than 1 HTTP request because images, stylesheets, javascript, ... are all new and separate HTTP connections for any of these. So if you have 1 page with 100 separate images on it, 10 stylesheets and 5 javascript files; it will add up to 116 requests per user if a user hasn't got any of these files cached.

Afaik, you can only set the server load limit in MyBB but that has nothing to with the amount of connections.

But you should really get another host Toungue
(2011-05-14, 01:25 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Any request to your website is an HTTP connection Big Grin A page loading can consist of more than 1 HTTP request because images, stylesheets, javascript, ... are all new and separate HTTP connections for any of these. So if you have 1 page with 100 separate images on it, 10 stylesheets and 5 javascript files; it will add up to 116 requests per user if a user hasn't got any of these files cached.

Afaik, you can only set the server load limit in MyBB but that has nothing to with the amount of connections.

But you should really get another host Toungue

Is this normal, or does my forum have too many connections? I hate to change hosts, I have several domains, google gmails and everything that would need changed! Uggh...Hate the idea of all that! LOL
(2011-05-15, 03:20 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Is this normal, or does my forum have too many connections? I hate to change hosts, I have several domains, google gmails and everything that would need changed! Uggh...Hate the idea of all that! LOL

How and where did you order your domain names? If you registered them independently from your hosting, you can change the DNS to point to your new hosting. If you registered it with your domain you can ask your current hosting for the EPP release code for your domain and which you have to enter when you move it to your new hosting.
It's always a good idea to register your domain yourself as some hosting companies hijack domain names when people want to move away from them.
(2011-05-15, 06:31 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-15, 03:20 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Is this normal, or does my forum have too many connections? I hate to change hosts, I have several domains, google gmails and everything that would need changed! Uggh...Hate the idea of all that! LOL

How and where did you order your domain names? If you registered them independently from your hosting, you can change the DNS to point to your new hosting. If you registered it with your domain you can ask your current hosting for the EPP release code for your domain and which you have to enter when you move it to your new hosting.
It's always a good idea to register your domain yourself as some hosting companies hijack domain names when people want to move away from them.

I bought them myself from Godaddy and NetSol.
Pages: 1 2