MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moderators can ban another moderator, how do I solve this problem?
Thanks for reading.
This has been brought up in the past. While I can see where you're coming from it should come down to choose good staff so it doesn't matter if this an option.
Thanks for your advice, so this problem can not solve?
If a moderator bans another moderator you as a admin can over rule the ban, if you think it is unfair unban the mod, and the mod that banned him, deal with by a warning or demotion.
This is what i would do, but i would also hope my moderator would pm, me or discuss with me the problems, they have with the other mod.
Thanks alot, I guess I have to do it that way. But I think it's really necessary to solve this problem.
But why? If someone on your staff is banning other staff members without permission, they aren't fit to be staff. That's not a MyBB problem, it's common sense.
Well, let's see a case like this: if a moderator (1) ruins forum rules badly and another mod (2) saw it but no evidence, then (2) ban (1) because of his fault, but (1) said that he didnt do anything to be treated like that. So what I do now if I dont have any evidence to prove he's deserve it, and, ofcouse in this case, (2) is the one who wrong, right?
I had this problem on a forum I used to admin, in the the en I demoted everyone and asked for new staff, or that the old ones re-apply. There isnt really much you can do, but tbh, you should only give mod powers to people who deserve them and that you trust.
I think you all are off. OP is right. I cannot name the amount of times i've had loyal staff of three or four year ban me on some sites. Its i remember the owner of a site coding a custom hack for that. People change.
(2011-05-12, 02:58 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]But why? If someone on your staff is banning other staff members without permission, they aren't fit to be staff.

And if the banning was justified, it's good that it was technically possible.

The only problem I see is that banned moderatos should not be able to unban themselves or remove warnings issued to themselves. (Which might be possible, depending on the extent of the ban.)