MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for some news posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for some people to help me out with posting news on http://forums.penhacks.net life is getting a bit hetic for me at the moment so I can't really spend a lot of time looking for news and actually posting it. And since News = Converstation, Conversation = Traffic, Traffic = Good , News = Good.

The news I'm looking for you to post is mainly console related news. Downloads such as homebrews and things are nice, but I can always do those myself, so if you could post news on consoles like: "Nintendo going to annouce Wii 2 at E3" or "GeoHot loses battle VS. Sony" that'd be awesome.

As of this very moment, I can NOT pay you, so this will be a volunteer job, this might change in the future but right now I just can't do it. But there are some perks:

1. Custom status (which no one here really cares about but you get it xD)
2. You'll be getting access to our downloads section if you ever need to keep something hosted.
3. Traffic to your own site if you have. I have no problem with competing sites posting news on my site, and including a source link back to theirs. But you have to use some sense, I don't want big lime links all over the post linking back to your site, and the news you post on my site can't be JUST a copy and paste job, it has to have a bit of original content. Other than that, I have no problem. I always include source links in my news anyways.
4. It's a good rep thing I suppose... It's always nice to say you were a news poster some where xD hahaha

So yea. The only requirement for this job is you know how to use good Engrish. Toungue

tl;dr - Looking for news posters, it's a volunteer job, you can link back to your site as a source link, content can't be JUST copy and paste.
Why dont you use feeds to keep posting news content..
Not original. I get punished by google for not having original content.

If I have original content then I can get high up on google. Right now 90% of our news gets on the first page of google, I wouldn't really want to do anything to affect that.

Plus, if I remember right, an RSS feed doesn't pull the entire story, just a tidbit which then takes you back to the other persons site which would be just plain out stupid for me.
Since apparently no one will do this for free...

I would like to have, a basic idea of the cost of paying some one to do this. Any one got some estimates? Just tell me how much you'd do it for.
(2011-05-12, 02:49 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Not original. I get punished by google for not having original content.

If I have original content then I can get high up on google. Right now 90% of our news gets on the first page of google, I wouldn't really want to do anything to affect that.

Plus, if I remember right, an RSS feed doesn't pull the entire story, just a tidbit which then takes you back to the other persons site which would be just plain out stupid for me.

Well you know you could hide the forum from guests that the RSS bot posts in, and I'm sure there's a few feeds out there that don't shorten the text. You'll just have to look around a bit.