MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Internal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

It was working fine and then this morning it didn't work, nothing has been changed either.
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Comm...r_Messages

Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (40)
Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Information: This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
'Nothing has been changed' meaning that it can't be an error in the config as the config worked yesterday and we are still on the same host.
(2011-05-12, 02:50 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]'Nothing has been changed' meaning that it can't be an error in the config as the config worked yesterday and we are still on the same host.

Thats strange, I would say its not a MyBB issue then. Try contacting your host and see if they changed anything.
Any change your website is hosted with SoftLayer?
@Kaiser Hmm okay.
@Aries No, EmpireHostings.
But they actually resell from SoftLayer them self. This guy is also hosted on SoftLayer or reseller of SoftLayer and he's experiencing the same problem. It's a too big coincidence that the same error pops up twice a day.
I think SoftLayer may have changed something.
Okay thanks so there is nothing I can do?
(2011-05-12, 03:52 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks so there is nothing I can do?

What type do you have in the config? If it was 'mysql' change it to 'mysqli' or the other way around.
(2011-05-12, 02:50 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]'Nothing has been changed' meaning that it can't be an error in the config as the config worked yesterday and we are still on the same host.

Then your host has changed something on their end.
Pages: 1 2