MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to add new and old post images but its not working for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hmm, make sure in Themes > Your Theme >

Images path is set to:

images/yourthemename/

Plus they are more likely to be hot posts type icons and not new post etc.
(2011-05-12, 06:08 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-12, 06:06 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually the thread status indicators?
They are named differently.
You have:
images/folder.gif (normal thread)
images/newfolder.gif (new message normal thread
images/hotfolder.gif (hot folder)
images/newhotfolder.gif (new message in hot folder)
images/dot_folder.gif (thread you replied to)
images/lockfolder.gif (locked thread)

Oh god I am confused now lol, ok I shall have a look in filezilla for the above. Thanks for getting back to me with the help.

The off.gif and on.gif file are used for indicating that a forum has new posts. As you are using forum icons, you actually don't need them. The icons you posted are more for the thread indicator. So the on.gif should be newfolder.gif and the off.gif should be folder.gif. Then you will probably also want some other icons for the hot and locked threads.
(2011-05-12, 06:19 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, make sure in Themes > Your Theme >

Images path is set to:

images/yourthemename/

Plus they are more likely to be hot posts type icons and not new post etc.

Ok thanks, I shall play around with them tomorrow, I spent 6 hours adding the icons on there today. browsing Google for the images was not much fun at all, I am not knakered lol, thanks for helping me out.
(2011-05-12, 06:24 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-12, 06:08 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-12, 06:06 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually the thread status indicators?
They are named differently.
You have:
images/folder.gif (normal thread)
images/newfolder.gif (new message normal thread
images/hotfolder.gif (hot folder)
images/newhotfolder.gif (new message in hot folder)
images/dot_folder.gif (thread you replied to)
images/lockfolder.gif (locked thread)

Oh god I am confused now lol, ok I shall have a look in filezilla for the above. Thanks for getting back to me with the help.

The off.gif and on.gif file are used for indicating that a forum has new posts. As you are using forum icons, you actually don't need them. The icons you posted are more for the thread indicator. So the on.gif should be newfolder.gif and the off.gif should be folder.gif. Then you will probably also want some other icons for the hot and locked threads.

Ok thanks bud this is what im talking about here > http://localhostr.com/file/NuJ9gSC/Capture.PNG looks plain with not much colour, I think im just to fussy to be honest haha. Spending to much time on this bloody Forum. Been spending 14 hr days on it for the last 2 weeks, I just hope it is looking ok and stuff to be honest.
(2011-05-12, 06:24 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks bud this is what im talking about here > http://localhostr.com/file/NuJ9gSC/Capture.PNG looks plain with not much colour, I think im just to fussy to be honest haha. Spending to much time on this bloody Forum. Been spending 14 hr days on it for the last 2 weeks, I just hope it is looking ok and stuff to be honest.

Yes, then we are talking about the same thing Wink You need to replace the folder icons. Look at my post above to see the names of these icons.
(2011-05-12, 06:36 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-12, 06:24 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks bud this is what im talking about here > http://localhostr.com/file/NuJ9gSC/Capture.PNG looks plain with not much colour, I think im just to fussy to be honest haha. Spending to much time on this bloody Forum. Been spending 14 hr days on it for the last 2 weeks, I just hope it is looking ok and stuff to be honest.

Yes, then we are talking about the same thing Wink You need to replace the folder icons. Look at my post above to see the names of these icons.

Ok thank you very much, I have copied it and will paste into notepad. And sort it out later nice one buddy. Smile
Pages: 1 2