MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create user (Group)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if I create a user account and I want them to activate their account first what would I set for Primary User Group & Display User Group
As far as I know, if you manually create a user account via AdminCP they don't get the activation mail. They will have to login to your forum and go to: member.php?action=resendactivation .
It should be automatically set
is there anyway I can send the activation code with the email. I am using the mail Admin-Created User plug in.
(05-12-2011, 10:05 PM)mxx Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway I can send the activation code with the email. I am using the mail Admin-Created User plug in.

Well, if they get that e-mail, and are able to login, they e-mail is verified, right? That's the whole idea after the activation mail, to verify the e-mail address.
If you want then to activate their account, then make their usergroup 'Awaiting Activation'.
(05-13-2011, 06:45 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]If you want then to activate their account, then make their usergroup 'Awaiting Activation'.

But that e-mail isn't send if you create the user manually in AdminCP, right? The user will have to login and request the activation e-mail to be sent in the UserCP.
Oops. I should have checked what the Email Admin-Created User plugin did. Toungue I though it sent an activation link as well as the login details. Disregard my previous post. Shy