MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copying Entire Forum Structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I have a simple question (hopefully). I have a category with several forums inside. I wish to make a clone of that entire category with all its forums and sub-forums and simply rename it, since I work with a gaming server and the forums and forum structures need to be the same for each server.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
In the forum listing in AdminCP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management. You can click the "Options" button at the end of each row and choose "Copy Forum". There you have the option to copy the forum to a new one.
(2011-05-13, 10:13 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]In the forum listing in AdminCP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management. You can click the "Options" button at the end of each row and choose "Copy Forum". There you have the option to copy the forum to a new one.

Quote:Copy Forum
Source forum *
Forum to copy settings and/or permissions from.

&

Quote:Destination forum *
Forum to copy settings and/or permissions to.

&

Quote:Copy Forum Settings and Properties
Only applies if the destination forum exists.

I've tried everything short of doing a MySQL function. I could do it one by one, but it'll take far too long, and I have over 9 replicas to make. Sad
It don't copy sub-forums at all Undecided
Oh, you're right. It doesn't copy the sub-forums.
This probably requires a plugin but I don't think there is one available atm.
Hehehe, I always seem to ask for the impossible. But Yaldaram always saves me! Hehehehe, I'll wait a bit see if anyone knows of a shorter way than having to manually recreate the forums individually.

Thanks for your replies though guys, I appreciate it! Smile