MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstalling MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I need to Reinstall MyBB because of some problems with the forum that developed. (Themes/Templates are messed up and errors on some pages.)

I do not need any other help other than just reinstalling my forum, or anything that comes up while reinstalling.

I want to keep all the post data and users and anything else important to my databases, but I want to reinstall the forum software, how should I start doing this?
Send me a PM. I'll see what I can do.
Take backup of your current forum, along with the following files "config.php", "settings.php"
Install new software
replace config.php and settings.php files in the new software from your backup
Restore backup

EDIT:

Please see, if you are making any changes to the following information, then change it in the backup files config.php and settings.php also

1 - change in forum url

find and change the following entry in settings.php
$settings['bburl'] = "http://yourforumurl.com";

2 - change in database info

find and change the following entries in config.php
$config['hostname'] = ' ';
$config['username'] = ' ';
$config['password'] = ' ';
$config['database'] = ' ';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

It seems like the shoutbox plugin has messed me over while reinstalling. After restoring the database, I get this SQL error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 6
Query:
SELECT s.*, u.username, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM mybb_shouts s LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=s.uid) ORDER BY s.dateline ASC LIMIT 102,
weird, i think there's some other problem..
even i have shout box plugin installed in my test forum, everything works fine after following the exact steps that i gave you in my previous post...

hmm, can you try running this command on phpmyadmin?

DROP TABLE `mybb_shouts`;
Sorry, I fixed it on my own. All I had to do was access the ACP without going on the index page and reinstall the Shoutbox. Thanks for the help with reinstalling though!
you're welcome mate, glad that it helped
You didn't need to go through the hassle of reinstalling, we would have been able to fix the problems you were having if you'd had made a thread about it...