MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drupal vs Joomla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

Once again, I have a question for you. Toungue I have been tasked with setting up a site for a small tennis club, and I have decided to use either Drupal or Joomla (as the site will be updated by a member of the club.). I have been looking at the different features of each, and still can't decide which would be better for this site. The user who will be editing most of the content has no web experience as well, if that matters. Toungue

So which one do you think would be the best to use?
Joomla is your best bet. I find it pretty easy to use and install Smile
Never liked Drupal.

I'm making a CMS myself, but it's still in the development stages. Sad
Joomla!'s the best of the two, though I'd prefer to choose neither. Have you heard of PyroCMS before? It's my current favourite for small scale tasks where a beast like Wordpress isn't needed.
I'm loving the look of PyroCMS... I'm going to install it, and take a closer look. Toungue
Personally always hated Joomla but will admit that drupal is hard to wrap your head around probably way to much for a simple site.

I would honestly say try ModX. Just started using it and love how easy it is to make a template for. Then you can install tinymce for an editor for them. And, if you want a navigation that updates itself you can use wayfinder.

Honestly think it's the best option right now even if there aren't as many add-ons for it compared to drupal or joomla.
Thought you might. If you're working with clients who aren't exactly web savvy, it's the best option (in my opinion). It's also pretty lightweight too.
I hate Joomla! Big Grin

I'm a big fan of Drupal Smile For smaller websites (for only maintaining a few pages or something) I use Wordpress but for bigger websites with a lot of dynamic content I use Drupal for sure. Drupal + CCK + Views is a power combination.
I'm also taking a look at the possibility of using WordPress. Does anyone know how to remove/disable ALL comments in wordpress, including remove all mentions of comments from pages?
Simply remove all mentions via the templates?
Drupal.
Pages: 1 2