MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy old forum keep users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm currently coding a website system for a project I am currently working on, we've currently got a mybb forum but I want to wipe that forum and start from fresh. Would there be anyway of doing this and still keeping the old users? So, delete all the categories and threads and whatnot but keep the groups and users?
Go into your AdminCP and delete/rename all of the forums. On the front end, simply go through every forum and select every thread and delete them.
Is there anyway I could export the users and import them into a new install?
Well just delete all the posts and then create a database backup. For you new forum, upload that database with phpmyadmin and asign the new forum to use that. Then you have all your members on the new forum.
Thanks for that Toungue That's a good idea Wink I'm guessing I could just backup groups and users then I won't have to do any messing?
I believe the Merge System can merge two MyBB forums. So you could do that and only merge the usergroups and users.