MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: As a new Forum owner I would just like to find a couple of things out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had some decent advice based on the basics with Forum SEO, but I just want to get some things right in my head, I am under the impression that Forums pretty much SEO themselfs, this being based on the content which is added.

I have many websites which have been targeting keywords which I have researched myself, and now I am pretty confused as to how I will be able to gain members and stuff, with the Google SEO Plugin I understand that it will gather data base on each subject and so forth, however is this something I can rely on solely, I know there is Social Networking as well. So is this what I can use to get my Forum up there in the rankings etc.. Huh

Any advice, help, guru tips, would be fantastic, I have had some help with this already via PM's however I think they have ran their course, so I am now going to see what type of feedback I can get on here. Smile
You shouldn't just solely rely on an SEO plugin to magically get you a lot of members; it may help, it doesn't do all the work for you. Some people install every SEO plugin there is but get no activity as they have no content, some people use no SEO plugins at all and rank high as they have good content. You'd still need to advertise your site and put some work into it, not just install Google SEO and expect that to be enough to bring in members.
(2011-05-14, 07:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't just solely rely on an SEO plugin to magically get you a lot of members; it may help, it doesn't do all the work for you. Some people install every SEO plugin there is but get no activity as they have no content, some people use no SEO plugins at all and rank high as they have good content. You'd still need to advertise your site and put some work into it, not just install Google SEO and expect that to be enough to bring in members.

Hi thanks for responding, well to be fair I have great content which is fresh and updated daily, I understand that the SEO Plugin will not magically bring in members, this is why I am on here just trying to find out anyother other methods I could use, mainly just to see if I am perhaps missing any tricks within the Forum marketing, compared with websites because it seems pretty different based on needing to add meta keywords and stuff.