MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: move posts between threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to move a post from one thread to the other.
I had to split the thread and then merge that thread with the other one is this the only way to do it, or is there a easier way, if this is the way it has to be done, maybe something can be implemented in 2.0
Been suggested before. Not possible without a plugin which, as far as I know, does not exist.
I'm not requesting a plugin, juust querying if i had missed an option, and suggesting that it may be considered as a option for mybb 2.0 as i am sure i've seen it in other software.
Or if it's not to much work maybe it could be added in to a later version of 1.6
I know what you were asking, which is why I said it wasn't possible (without a plugin). Smile

I also think it could be added to a later version of 1.6, but I'm not sure what the developers' plans are for 1.6.
Hopefully one of the devs can come on and let us know if it can be added,
This and the attachment are the only points that let MyBB down from my point of view. But i'm really confident they'll be fixed in future.
What about attachments?
First that you can only attach one file at one time and second that you cannot update from a link...
I'm a new moderator and completely new to myBB. I have been wracking my brains to merge the threads after splitting a post that I want to send to spamcan, wasting several hours over it. The split post is now sitting in the Spamcan Forum but I don't have the foggiest how to merge it.

I'm sure I'm not alone in the frustration of why it should be that difficult to just move one post to another thread?

Also, I'm completely perplexed, as I initially found information that showed that there is a move option in the inline moderation options box in myBB - refer the image below! I then asked the owner of the Website to find a way to activate it. Then the page below all of a sudden disappeared in the last hour or so:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/move-posts

But the image of the screen is still there - at least I know I have not imagined it - it shows very clearly a Move Posts option in the Inline Post Moderation Box:
[Image: 4041-1307128645-moveposts1.png]

I wish it could be there. It would make our lives much easier! Is there at least a step by step tutorial on how to move the posts from one forum to another, including visuals? I've Googled like crazy but can't find a tutorial on it.

Thanks.