MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible performance fix? Signature is making profile page very ugly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So a member of mine has a wide signature image, and it's ruining his user profile page. I already got -G33K-'s auto-image resizer but it doesn't work on this page. Here's how it looks like:

[Image: ugliness2.jpg]

Is there anyway to just like push the signature away and cut its size down or just not display it if its so damn big lol...it looks fine on threads and whatnot, but on this page it's too wide...
Just copy his signature image, and resize the image to like 300 - 400px. You can use http://photobucket.com to resize the image. Once done, You can paste the link again in his signature & click save Smile

In the meantime, I am looking or a way to resize it for all the users. I will let you know when Ifind it but you can do this for the time being.
Well I don't want to resize his image because I have the classical post bit and it looks fine in threads and in posts and whatnot, but just on the user profile page there should be a limiter thing because it just ruins the whole left side lol. Another suggestion would be to put the signature box on one line itself so this won't happen.
I don't think its possible yet because I had a signature on this forums which was large in profile but was perfect in posts. When I logged on the next morning, my signature was changed to this "<snip - image too large>" so if there was a way, mybb communitywouldn't have changed my image to text now Smile

Now, I have to resize the image Toungue
Oh ok, so you're saying this should be a manual task instead of an automated one?

But aren't there restrictions on the signature images anyway in mybb settings?
Yes, thereare restrication on the signature in myy forum setting: They include:

Allow MyCode in Signatures
Maximum Number of Images per Signature
Allow Smilies in Signatures
Allow HTML in Signatures
Allow [img] Code in Signatures
Length limit in Signatures
MyCode affects signature length

They can be found in :ACP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options

Other then that, nothing else is there about the signatures Smile
Edit the member profile's signature template (can't remember the exact name) and specify a width for the image. Alternatively, add a class to the sig container and specify a max-width with css.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-69601.html apply the same sort changes to the member_profile_signature template.
Hi, I did what the guy said in that other thread you pointed out but it isn't working for member_profile_signature. I applied the same thing but it doesn't work. Here's my code for member_profile_signature:

<br />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->users_signature}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">{$memprofile['signature']}</td>
</tr>
</table>
Replace the above code with this;
<br />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->users_signature}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><div style="width: 150px; overflow: hidden;">{$memprofile['signature']}</div></td>
</tr>
</table>
Pages: 1 2