MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO Urls htaccess help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed mybb on a subdomain. but after seo url enabled, i am getting:
Quote:Not Found

The requested URL /thread-12.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My .htaccess file is like this
Options All -Indexes
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.domain.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/forum\.domain\.com" [R=301,L]

How shall I change this .htaccess file to enable working of the seo url.s
I split this because it had nothing to do with the thread it was posted in.
OK. but kindly let me know the correct .htaccess rewrite rule required for redirecting SEO url in mybb without 404 error
Delete your current .htaccess, then reupload a copy of the htaccess.txt file from a fresh download, then add that code into the top of that file. Then rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
(2011-05-15, 02:56 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Delete your current .htaccess, then reupload a copy of the htaccess.txt file from a fresh download, then add that code into the top of that file. Then rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

Whilst thanking you for the help, I am unknown as to what I have to put inside a new .htaccess file.

my mybb forum installation is at url:http://subdomain.domain.com

without enabling SeO url everything is fine. When I enable nothing is being written in the .htacces file.

so, i need to write it myself. can you please help me as to what i have to write in the new .htaccess file to be created as advised by you.

Did you delete the original .htaccess that was there?? Did you reupload the htaccess.txt from the MyBB Download??

You rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess after enabling SEO URL's. If you've got a subdomain, you have to either:
1) Add the code you have above to this .htaccess or
2) Delete the subdomain and remake it (you won't lose data)
got that figured out. thanks for all the help.