MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add pages/navigation bar to default forum theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have a mybb forum that is merged with a recipe website and a blog. We had someone set it up for us, however on the mybb forum there is no navigation bar so if you go in to the forum there is no way back to the main site or the blog. I would like to be able to set up a navigation bar on the forum so it's the same as the main site and the forum. My website is www.fantasticfoodworld.com. Can anyone help me with this matter?Shy
(2011-05-15, 02:21 PM)foodworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I have a mybb forum that is merged with a recipe website and a blog. We had someone set it up for us, however on the mybb forum there is no navigation bar so if you go in to the forum there is no way back to the main site or the blog. I would like to be able to set up a navigation bar on the forum so it's the same as the main site and the forum. My website is www.fantasticfoodworld.com. Can anyone help me with this matter?Shy

Looks like you will need to set up a custom menu which can be done:

ACP > Styles & Templates > Templates > Your Template > Edit Header.

If you wanna post it underneath the logo then here is what you do:

Find this:
<div id="logo">
<div class="wrapper">				
</div>			
</div>

Underneath that, add this:
<div style="background-color:lightgrey;" id="custom-menu">
<center><font size='2'><b>

<a href="{$mybb->setting['bburl']}/index.php" class="index">Home</a>  

</b></font></center></div>

Save it & you should see your new menu bar. To make it look like you website, you will to edit the css. Here is what you:

ACP > Style & Templates > Themes >Your Theme > Edit global.css.

Then anywhere, put this:

. custom-menu{
backgroud: the background color that you want;
}

That should work Smile If it doesn't then provide me with a test account so I can make it look like your site Smile
Thank you for helping, but something weird has happened to it now. I am not too sure how to fix it. Just want to get a similar navigation bar as the main page, you know what might have happened?
Anyone know how to fix this?
Hi,

unfortunately, i don't know how to solve your problem but I noticed that you have a similar problem on many pages. For example when you go to your blog page user can go back but only to your homepage. Why your menu is not the same for the all of your pages? Is it intended? As well when you click on your logo I assume that it will take me to homepage but the link is to the same site I currently browse. It is a little bit misleading. For this suggestion and more you can read this article: https://www.netguru.co/blog/10-ux-tips-t...navigation and after using this tips your menu should be much more user-friendly.