MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do i upload the zip file or does it have to be in a different format?
(2011-06-04, 01:26 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]Do i upload the zip file or does it have to be in a different format?

No, extract the zip file and open the location where you extracted it. You will find a folder and an xml file and maybe a txt file for install instructions there. Upload the folder to the images/-folder of MyBB via FTP and you need to upload the xml file when you Import Theme tool:
[Image: importtheme-text.jpg]

You see where it says "Import from". Click "Local file" and then "Browse". Navigate to the xml file and double click it.
I mean when uploading the images, do i upload each image one by one or upload it with a zip file.
(2011-06-04, 01:38 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean when uploading the images, do i upload each image one by one or upload it with a zip file.

How are you uploading the files? Via FTP? Most FTP client are able to upload the complete folder to the server. Otherwise upload the original zip file to the images-folder and extract it there. That should work as well.
Yes, via FTP. I uploaded it but it doesn't appear in the admin ACP.
Did you upload the xml in the ACP as described in this post: http://community.mybb.com/thread-94375-p...#pid700448 ? Did you get an error?
Which theme are you trying to install?
Yes, the theme is already uploaded using your way. I just need the images.
Which theme are you trying to install?
What FTP client are you using?
apart night. need the images
i am using the ftp file manager to upload things.
Okay, I downloaded the theme myself to see how it looks like.
The zip file a folder named "Apart Night". In that folder is another folder called "night".
Via FTP, navigate to the MyBB root (where you can see index.php, showthread.php, etc...). Now go into the "images" folder. Now upload the complete "night"-folder to that images folder. You can probably drag and drop the folder from your file manager to your ftp file manager.
Pages: 1 2 3