MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had this installed once but then had to reinstall it. I uploaded everything but can't install. I have it in root then forum. So my installer should be in .com/forum/install I dont have that file in there. There is an install under documentation and an install under upload as well. How do I get to the install screen?
Goto /install/ not /install
The install inside the documentation is just documentation for telling you how to install.
(2011-05-15, 06:06 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Goto /install/ not /install

There's no difference between them...
(2011-05-15, 08:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-15, 06:06 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Goto /install/ not /install

There's no difference between them...

There is on some servers.
Then it would most likely have been configured to be like that, you shouldn't have to have a trailing slash to go to the directory, no forum I've ever installed has had to have it...
I tried with the slash and without it and it still didn't work. Any other ideas?
Did you upload the upload folder, or ust the contents from it.
I figured it out. I unzipped in the host so I had uploads in there but in an extra folder somehow. Thank you for the help, now if you will excuse me the short bus just pulled up in front of my house.
(2011-05-15, 09:47 PM)tylerr82 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it out. I unzipped in the host so I had uploads in there but in an extra folder somehow. Thank you for the help, now if you will excuse me the short bus just pulled up in front of my house.

That makes no sence, but when you upload mybb to the host you just need to upload the contents of the upload folder not the upload folder its self.
otherwise you will be going to ./upload/install.
Pages: 1 2