MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF1 to MyBB is too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For reference, Bug #1588 has been created for this issue.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but if your doing it from SMF 1 have you tried updating to SMF 2 and then merging it?
(2011-05-22, 08:59 AM)WarStopper Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has been mentioned but if your doing it from SMF 1 have you tried updating to SMF 2 and then merging it?

In this case, it wouldn't help since all modules would be affected by this issue.
Ah okay then that ruins that idea.
Sorry for delay in replying - that index has made the world of difference to speed. Unfortuantely, having another issue I am working through, hence the delay.

WRT index, maybe the Users import might need some indexing done...
(2011-05-26, 08:47 PM)TheBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for delay in replying - that index has made the world of difference to speed. Unfortuantely, having another issue I am working through, hence the delay.

WRT index, maybe the Users import might need some indexing done...

I did notice the speed during the users import and tried a number of different ways to increase it but the amount of changes to increase in speed ratio was so minimal that I just let it be.
There are ways to get it to be faster but that would require a huge re-write of the current import routine.
Thankfully, you don't have that many users so it doesn't take that long to get the users imported, the main bottle neck in speed was the posts import.
I am having the same issue, except our posts is 17k and it's taking forever to import them.

However, I'm going to try g33k's idea of altering the table, but where?

(2011-07-03, 01:34 AM)Hawkeye-X303 Wrote: [ -> ]However, I'm going to try g33k's idea of altering the table, but where?
You can use phpmyadmin or similar database manager.

(2011-07-03, 01:34 AM)Hawkeye-X303 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same issue, except our posts is 17k and it's taking forever to import them.

However, I'm going to try g33k's idea of altering the table, but where?

As others have said, use whatever facility your host provides to send a SQL request to the database. Personally, I used MySQL Workbench, but only because that was most convenient to me, as I have my own servers. Most hosts provide phpmyadmin which allows this as well.

If you are unsure what to do, post up which tool you have available to do this, and we can talk you through step by step Smile
I'm now in the post conversion, and the SQL fix worked.. it's moving smoothly and should be done in a few hours...
Pages: 1 2 3