MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Public themes own me. :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've spent the past 2 hours going through every publicly available theme out there that I could find for MyBB but none of them work for me, at least I don't think they do. When I find one that looks good I'll sift through some others and then when I go back to the ones I saved they don't have the same appeal they did when I liked it for some reason. Anybody else have this problem? It's not that the public themes are bad, it's just that I suck at finding one that I like.

Anybody else have this problem? Am I just spoiled from always using custom themes?

[/rant]
Once you are used to using custom themes, its hard to find a free theme that you like :p

Even the free theme that I use on my own forum (the Cure) went through some modifications before I liked it.
Do you have MSN KuJoe? I'd be glad to help you fix any minor problems you have with a public theme, absolutely free.
(2011-05-16, 01:18 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Once you are used to using custom themes, its hard to find a free theme that you like :p

Even the free theme that I use on my own forum (the Cure) went through some modifications before I liked it.
I was afraid that was it. Sad

(2011-05-16, 01:26 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have MSN KuJoe? I'd be glad to help you fix any minor problems you have with a public theme, absolutely free.
Thanks, I'm digging through some old 1.4 themes to see if i can find something I like, if not I'll contact you. Wink
Holy crap! I don't know why I like 1.4 themes better but I've got 7 themes picked out to play with. Big Grin
(2011-05-16, 01:32 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-16, 01:18 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Once you are used to using custom themes, its hard to find a free theme that you like :p

I was afraid that was it. Sad

(2011-05-16, 01:26 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have MSN KuJoe? I'd be glad to help you fix any minor problems you have with a public theme, absolutely free.
Thanks, I'm digging through some old 1.4 themes to see if i can find something I like, if not I'll contact you. Wink
Holy crap! I don't know why I like 1.4 themes better but I've got 7 themes picked out to play with. Big Grin

I tend to like 1.6 themes better. There are more of them that are actual designs, and not just some crap thrown together.
I just like a handful of 1.4 and 1.6 themes, its not that i like only 1.4 or only 1.6 theme more, just that only some themes from both versions are good enough
I've found that I dislike themes with lots of color, lots of rounded edges, and lots of wasted space. My current favorite free theme: http://community.mybb.com/thread-47021.html
(2011-05-16, 08:55 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I've found that I dislike themes with lots of color, lots of rounded edges, and lots of wasted space. My current favorite free theme: http://community.mybb.com/thread-47021.html

I agree a lot with the wasted space part. It's why I never liked zynge themes they just felt bulky.