MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone remember when Discovery Channel actually had educational/interestingshows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't get that, Sad
Theres all sorts now:

Discovery
Discovery+1
Discovery Science
Discovery Turbo
Discovery History
Discovery Shed
Discovery HD
ID
Animal Planet

Smile I know someone who's high up in HR for Discvery channel UK Smile
I used to watch Storm Chasers on Discovery Channel, many years ago. But it's never on there anymore. Undecided
I like the "Dirty Jobs" show, you get a chance to really see some of the oddball jobs that people do.
Deadliest Catch, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs,... Whats wrong with that?
(2011-05-17, 04:46 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Deadliest Catch, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs,... Whats wrong with that?

Deadliest Catch is pretty boring imo, your just watching a bunch of guys fish for crab, its the same every season and I have a hard time figuring out what exactly their audience is. Mythbusters is awesome, and Dirty Jobs is OK for me. I just miss all the old shows about space exploration, technology and stuff like that.

In a nutshell, everything seems a lot less "science-like" and more "Film me milking cows and we'll make a show out of it for DC".
I agree with Jessie, I really don't see a point to deadliest catch as the episodes are pretty much all the same, MythBusters is awesome but they always show the same episodes and Dirty Jobs is entertaining some times. There are maybe a couple times a month where a show I like and haven't seen comes on.
In the UK all the space stuff has moved to Disc. science Smile
I agree with Conor. And, Deadliest Catch is a nice show. You guys just don't watch it enough to get it. They have to face all sorts of stuff, and there's lots of drama. It's actually a really nice show, seeing what they do for a living.

Mythbusters is pure win.

Dirty Jobs is pretty cool. Smile
Deadliest Catch is like a soap opera, but with real people. They can be pretty neat sometimes, and the drama can be a little exciting.

I think Mythbusters is awesome and almost worth moving to California to get a job with them, and Dirty Jobs is interesting and Mike Row seems like a cool guy. Who else can go from cleaning Port-a-potties to announcing the UFC to scraping grease from an engine to making commercials?
Pages: 1 2 3