MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove thanks /like/plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to remove this ?and then unistall it?

[Image: problem.gif]
uninstall the plugin by installing which you got that on the setting's menu and it will be uninstalled
Hello There. Here is how to remove the like/thanks plugin.

- G33K - Wrote:Uninstall:
The regular Uninstall in the admincp will only remove the templates and settings, it will NOT remove the database tables that hold all the data for the thanks/likes. This is by design to protect users from accidentally loosing all their thank you/like data.
If you want to completely remove the plugin including all the data in the database and the tables that this plugin added then do the following:
- Open the inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php file and scroll down to the thankyoulike_uninstall function
- Look for the following line:
// ---------------Begin Commenting------------------ //

- Remove the line AFTER the above line.
- Scroll down and find the following line:
// ---------------End Commenting---------------------//

- Remove the line BEFORE the above line.
- Now you can go to your admincp and Uninstall the plugin and it will be completely uninstalled.
- Incase the Uninstall option is not there (possible if you already tried uninstalling before editing the plugin file) then just install first and immediately uninstall.

That should help you remove everything attached to that plugin.
i cant find this:thankyoulike_uninstall function
Do you see the thanks plugin in the plugins menu..?
If yes, disable and uninstall it first!
Deactivate the plugin from the plugin list.

Go to the settings page and click on Modify Settings tab at the top. From here delete any thanks/like plugin settings group that is still there.

To completely uninstall the plugin including removing all the thanks data: Open the /inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php file and scroll down to the uninstall function starting from Line #455. Delete Line #478 where the commenting starts and delete Line #510 where the commenting ends. Save the file and then Uninstall from the plugins page. Doing this is irreversible and any thanks data you have will be removed.

On a side note, I gotta make this process of total uninstall easier :s
	%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%<br />')."#i", '', 0);
	find_replace_templatesets("member_profile", "#".preg_quote('
{$tyl_memprofile}')."#i", '', 0);

// Remove templates left over from any of the older versions of the plugin
	//v1.1
	find_replace_templatesets("showthread", "#".preg_quote('<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/jscripts/thankyoulike.js?ver=110"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var tylEnabled = "{$mybb->settings[\'g33k_thankyoulike_enabled\']}";
	var tylCollapsible = "{$mybb->settings[\'g33k_thankyoulike_collapsible\']}";
	var tylUser = "{$mybb->user[\'uid\']}";
-->
</script>
')."#i", '', 0);

//v1.0
	find_replace_templatesets("showthread", "#".preg_quote('<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/jscripts/thankyoulike.js?ver=100"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var tylEnabled = "{$mybb->settings[\'g33k_thankyoulike_enabled\']}";
	var tylCollapsible = "{$mybb->settings[\'g33k_thankyoulike_collapsible\']}";
-->
</script>

so i will delete that?
What version of the plugin are you using or do you have installed?? I assumed you had the latest version. If it is an older version then it will have come with an uninstaller file.
i think the version is 1.2
In 1.2 theres is an uninstaller file in the package that you upload to inc/plugins and activate/deactivate it once and it will remove everything. You might have to change the compatibility in that file IIRC.