MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

1: How can I remove the 'Never' option from the warning duration list?

2: Is it possible to set a maximum amount of time that each warning lasts for? If so, how?

Thanks.
1) It's not possible, without a core modification.

2) AdminCP -> Configuration -> Warning System -> Add New Warning Type OR select Custom Reason on the Warn User page and specify an expiry there.
(2011-05-16, 03:43 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]1) It's not possible, without a core modification.

2) AdminCP -> Configuration -> Warning System -> Add New Warning Type OR select Custom Reason on the Warn User page and specify an expiry there.

Thanks, but for point 2 I mean can I stop staff from giving a custom warning for over x amount of time?

This may seem like a strange question, but the community I run is quite specialized in terms of my strategies I use.

Also, where would I go to make that core modification for point 1.
Yes, that is possible:
AdminCP -> Users and Groups -> Groups -> *edit user group* -> Users and Permissions -> Maximum warnings allowed per day
Set the value of this setting to whatever you want. It'll set the maximum warnings this group can give in one day.
(2011-05-16, 03:59 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that is possible:
AdminCP -> Users and Groups -> Groups -> *edit user group* -> Users and Permissions -> Maximum warnings allowed per day
Set the value of this setting to whatever you want. It'll set the maximum warnings this group can give in one day.

This is harder than I thought to explain.

I want to stop staff from being able to give never ending warnings. I also want to stop them being able to give warnings for longer than a certain amount of time before they expire.

You'd need a plugin to do that.

Sorry that I couldn't be of any help Sad
To remove Never Ending Warnings from the "Expiry Time" list;

Go to: ACP > Templates > Warning Templates > warnings_warn_custom > find the following and remove;
<option value="never" {$expires_period['never']}>{$lang->never}</option>
Done, any ideas for #2?
Not sure what you are asking for.. Can you please explain it a bit more ?
I want to set a MAXIMUM amount of time that staff can make a warning last for. I've now removed the 'Never' option from the warning expiry list, now I want to limit the maximum amount of time that warnings can last.