MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different Themes for different domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to move from an existing forum which seems is having some issues in getting out releases and some backstory drama going on which may kill the project entirely.

I haven't implemented yet but I'm fairly certain MyBB can do everything I need it to. I do have one unique thing that I will need to implement and wondering if any of you experts could offer suggestions on how it could work.

I have 2 separate sites on different domains that are related. Is there any way that the there can be one forum db for both so boards could be shared? The 2 main requirements would be to have a different membergroup so some specific boards could be hidden based on which domain your associated with. The other requirement would be that the forum theme could alter based on which domain is found in the webpath or where the referrer link came from.

Thanks for any ideas.
So you need
Two different forums, with two different domains, running on same server (or two different servers?), linked to a same database, but...
both the forums need to have different themes, and certain forums must be hidden to users when they visit one of the two domains ? :O
http://community.mybb.com/thread-80412.html
This might work. Although it's for syncing users, you could do it to sync forums as well.