MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ready to Pay - Someone who can speed up my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-05-16, 06:24 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Preparser cache isn't going to be much use on your forum IMO. It's great for high traffic/content sites, but entirely useless on small sites like your own. I don't know how intensive it is, but I'd remove it anyway for the time being.

It's sped up my forum.
You have significantly more members and content though.

I have no personal experience of the plugin or anything, I just don't see how much it can help for small forums like this.
You can also get a better host check out http://www.capital-hosting.co.uk
(2011-05-16, 09:24 PM)Noreturn Wrote: [ -> ]You can also get a better host check out http://www.capital-hosting.co.uk

Right now I think his current host is fast enough, it's just images that are making the page big. I've compressed them all but I think he could save about 30-80 KB if I trimmed some of them, as I think a couple really don't contribute much to the theme.
Thanks a lot lucasbytegenius. I am really happy with your work. My forum is much optimized now.
You're welcome manig, I'm glad I could help you Smile thanks for hiring me.
Got a Account with MaxCDN.

10$ for helping me serve images, scripts and CSS from MaxCDN
(2011-05-17, 08:29 PM)manig Wrote: [ -> ]Got a Account with MaxCDN.

10$ for helping me serve images, scripts and CSS from MaxCDN

I could give it a shot.
(2011-05-16, 06:24 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Preparser cache isn't going to be much use on your forum IMO. It's great for high traffic/content sites, but entirely useless on small sites like your own.
Please stop spreading nonsense.

Really, I'd focus on reducing the size and number of images and ensuring all your pages and scripts are going through GZip (enable mod_deflate). That'll net you most of the benefit. The number of requests isn't so bad as there'll be keep-alive connections, and IMO, although further optimisation will improve speed, it probably won't save you that much.
Also, something which may be less controllable could be your host's location / network.
Pages: 1 2