MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Sharding-Good idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i understand what you are trying to do. i was only trying to communicate that even taken to the extreme, its not always as beneficial as you might think.

whether you use a static content server or a subdomain, there are still a lot of modifications to do to get ALL static content to use the new location. Moving only a few is not worth the effort, move them all or dont bother. Maintenance is a whole lot easier that way.
(2011-05-17, 01:07 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i understand what you are trying to do. i was only trying to communicate that even taken to the extreme, its not always as beneficial as you might think.

whether you use a static content server or a subdomain, there are still a lot of modifications to do to get ALL static content to use the new location. Moving only a few is not worth the effort, move them all or dont bother. Maintenance is a whole lot easier that way.

I see. Well, I'll give it a shot, move some major images, and then see for myself. I believe you, but I want to try this out a bit.
Pages: 1 2