MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another Smilie Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very odd, but for some reason the smilies no longer show in New Thread or New Reply, but they do show up in Edit Post and Quick Reply.

I have {$smilieinserter} in both the newthread and newreply templates and I have not edited the smilieinsert template in any way.

I tried exporting the theme and tempate set to another test forum I have and the smilies are fine in that forum, so it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the templates.

I also tried replacing the js folder and files, newthread.php and newreply.php files, but that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss for why they have disappeared, anybody have any thoughts on what could be the cause?
ACP > Tools and Maintenance > File Verification Tool > Run > does it say any file changed ?

Most probably I guess that newthread.php and newreply.php files are changed or edited.
I do not have a File Verification Tool, in either 1.4.13 or 1.6.3. However, neither newthread.php or newreply.php have been modified.
If you don't have it in 1.6.3 then you've not upgraded properly.

URL?? Test account??
Very strange, but I found the issue to be in the users table in the database.

I found this by dropping tables in my test forum database and importing the tables from the one that wasn't showing the smilies, unitl I narrowed it down to the users table.

Now I just have to figure out what row in the table is causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Plugin?? As I don't think any of the default columns are going to do anything to make the list vanish...
Nope, I haven't messed with any plugins in probablyt over a year, and I have isolated it to definitely being something in the users table.

I'm going to go through row by row now and Ill let you know what I find.
The problem was showcodebuttons had somehow reset to 0 for all users. Easy fix, but was driving me crazy.

I guess maybe I should have realized it because the text formatting options were missing too, but that I didn't notice until after running a querie to changes showcodebuttonsfrom 0 to 1

No clue how the heck it happened though.