MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template it's ruining Google SEO urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-05-17, 11:53 AM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there..

I changed the urls what i wanted , but i have a problem with the sub-forum urls.

The index urls looks fine.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=22766]

On index when i put the mouse over the on a sub-forum link and the're were like default. Here is the problem.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=22767]

And when i see the Sub-forums only they look fine.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=22768]

(2011-05-17, 12:11 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Google SEO doesn't treat subforums any differently than forums or even categories. So if it works for forums, it works for everything, unless there is an issue with another plugin or your templates. Check the template that includes the bad subforum links, most likely it has the MyBB default URL style with fid hardcoded in it, instead of using the variable that actually contains the correct URL. If so, fix your templates (compare with the original template to find out how).

(2011-05-17, 12:29 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's the template.

I changed to the default theme and then the subforum urls are fine.
But i don't know how to check where is the problem. (i'm a beginner in this stuff)

You can help to fix my template to be 100 % "converted" ?
My Beta (test) forum -> CLICK HERE
Regards.
I would first recommend removing that theme from your forum, because it contains copyrighted images.

The problem is probably with that theme, but as I said above, you should remove it.
Probably the theme is using a static URL and then dynamically load the fid, like forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid} or something which would not work with Google SEO.

I'm not sure exactly where this is defined in, but what are the contents of your forumbit_subforums template?
(2011-05-17, 01:59 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I would first recommend removing that theme from your forum, because it contains copyrighted images.

The problem is probably with that theme, but as I said above, you should remove it.
What images ?
I changed the header from a wordpress theme.
(2011-05-17, 02:07 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the theme is using a static URL and then dynamically load the fid, like forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid} or something which would not work with Google SEO.

I'm not sure exactly where this is defined in, but what are the contents of your forumbit_subforums template?
forumbit_subforums
<br />{$lang->subforums}<br /><ul class="alt_sbc">{$sub_forums}</ul>
(2011-05-17, 02:43 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]What images ?

[Image: ng7nup.jpg]
They belong to vBulletin.
OK, I don't know exactly which template this is defined in, so please give me an admin account and I will look into it. It's easier this way. Be aware of the theme copyright issues as well, in this case you just need to replace the thread status icons (the famfamfam silk ones for example). Smile
(2011-05-17, 02:46 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-17, 02:43 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]What images ?

[Image: ng7nup.jpg]
They belong to vBulletin.

The're were in ProNavy theme. ok, don't worry about that.. i'll change them later. (with some buttons from 4.0.2)
[attachment=22772]
Just joking..

Let's get on the topic.

(2011-05-17, 02:07 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the theme is using a static URL and then dynamically load the fid, like forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid} or something which would not work with Google SEO.

forumbit_subforums
<br />{$lang->subforums}<br /><ul class="alt_sbc">{$sub_forums}</ul>
Did you see my reply above?
(2011-05-17, 03:07 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see my reply above?

Sorry.
http://djraoul.co.cc/forum
Oops, should have mentioned to pm me it. Hide that quickly, you don't want hackers to break in.

Anyway, I just fixed it and it seems to be working now.
Pages: 1 2