MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: <snip> Spamming Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A word of warning here for others. There is a forum called <snip> that I joined previously, in the space of a week this site has been spamming my in-box about 20 times with emails trying to get you to buy mods from the site.

Avoid joining this site: <snip>

To make matters worse, if you go there and try and change your email address to stop the spamming, they have a mod installed that requires you have 50 posts before you can change your email address in your user cp, done to stop you avoiding getting the spam emails from them by changing the email you use there.
Uncheck receive emails from the administrator in the user cp.
You can't, they've installed all sorts of mods that stops you do anything in your user cp unless you have a high post count there first. I've had about 20 emails from the site trying to get me to buy mods from there. They've rigged the whole forum to stop you doing pretty much anything in your User CP.

Since when should anybody need 50 posts to change their email address? As a prime example! And your required to have 1 post to even gain access at to your usercp at all.
Just filter your email. I've never understood why people complain about spam mail..
Report it to their host. Its illegal to force someone to do something to opt out. You have a right to opt out at any time.
Yea I got like 20 today, vibrates in my pocket every time. Annoying.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-73615.html

(2010-07-16, 03:33 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use this as a public stage
There are more appropriate places to make a public point or protest. This is especially the case when your issue is out of the control of the team here or the members of the forum. A specific example of this is scam reports, unless you can provide solid evidence. Otherwise you run the risk of defamation accusations and we can’t be sure all parties are being fairly represented.

For example
If you have a disagreement with another member, even if they are members here, you should address it with them privately rather than addressing it through a public post.

If you have a problem with a site then take it up with that site, opening threads here will not help you resolve the issue in any way. If you are not comfortable with the number of emails then ask the administrator there to disable them. Any service that sends out emails should provide you with opt out information.
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-...e-business