MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Internal Error #8192
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum does not appear at all, and states that this is in error:
"function set_magic_quotes_runtime is deprecated"
I have an older edition of the forum -- 1.14 I believe.
Can I install a newer version and get all my files back?

www.1888msc.org/forum/

Thanks
Hubert F. Sturges
[email protected]
You can upgrade to the latest version by following the upgrade instructions here:
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
I am not able at this time to access the forum. I get this error message:
...................................................................................
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
(8192)
Error Message:
Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated
Line: 163
Code:
160. $this->strip_slashes_array($_GET);
161. $this->strip_slashes_array($_COOKIE);
162. }
163. set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);
164. @ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0);
165. @ini_set("magic_quotes_runtime", 0);
Backtrace:
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 171 errorHandler->output_error
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_core.php 163 set_magic_quotes_runtime
/inc/init.php 51 MyBB->MyBB
/global.php 19 require_once
/index.php 18 require_once
/home/messco/public_html/router-transparent.php 42 require

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
It seems to me that I cannot do an upgrade in this situation. Please advise: Can I do a download of a new copy of MyBB and retrieve all the files from the previous copy?
Thanks.
Hubert F. Sturges
[email protected]
He already suggested you to upgrade to the latest version,

(2011-05-18, 03:49 AM)hfsturges Wrote: [ -> ]Can I do a download of a new copy of MyBB and retrieve all the files from the previous copy?

Yes, if you follow the instructions on the wiki... => here
I don't think that's going to fix the issue, cause I believe that you host has Magic Quotes enables. You need to create a php.ini file and disable Magic Quotes, which I believe will correct you issue.
(2011-05-18, 05:07 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's going to fix the issue, cause I believe that you host has Magic Quotes enables. You need to create a php.ini file and disable Magic Quotes, which I believe will correct you issue.

The version of MyBB he is using calls the magic_quotes functions which have been deprecated. Starting from 1.4.14 (I think, I could be off by a version or two) MyBB changed the code to check if its deprecated before calling the function.
So when the user upgrades by first uploading the new files, the error will get fixed because the new version has the fixed code.
Thanks for the valuable information above. I will follow directions and hope it works to bring back the files.