MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed Poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

I've installed this plug-in as it is perfect for what I want. However after installation I have created a user: RSS BOT. Then I add 2 feeds, and nothing happens. I know the feeds are good as I can see them on my rss reader.

I've tried running the task manually and it says it runs successfully. I've checked the error log and there are no errors. I've contacted my isp and they are 100% that fopen, curl, fscokopen are available and open for my account.

Does anyone know of the specific ports that rss feeder uses? If I had these I could ask the isp to verify they are open.

I've done everything I can think of. Multiple users, un-installed and re-installed the application. I'm starting to think perhaps there is some sort of conflict going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Tim

Update: So I know the communication is happening. I'm trying to use an RSS feed from a google group and it will not work. However, when I try a craigslist RSS feed it works! Problem is I REALLY need the google group one to work.... Any idea's>?
RSS Feed poster works perfect for most sites but i also have problems for some websites.