MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Imported my database, but now..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so it's all okay, GuruForums is awesome, I'm glad I got my database working, but it's still thinking plugins are enabled, when I go to plugins, they're 'activated' but their not in inc/plugins, or anything, how do I, I guess make the system forget them.
have you copied your previous mybb files to the new host or you just used the old database on new files?
Yep, old database, new files, I never backed up the files, do you know how to make the server forget those plugins? I don't see where it's getting the data from.
nope,
how many of plugins you had installed previously?
Fixed.
Glad that your problem is solved,
would you mind telling how you fixed it?
just curious, also, some others might be helped too ;-)
It was a fault on my side, there were plugins from my new website inter fairing with my old, so basically they said enabled.
Just a note of caution here, although your problem is fixed but keep in mind that when a plugin is deactivated/uninstalled it runs the deactivate/uninstall function of the plugin which will do stuff like remove templates, settings and any changes it may have made. When you force the board to "forget" the plugin without actually running the deactivate/uninstall functions then you run the risk of all that stuff being left behind and it might end up interfering with the normal operation of the board.

The proper way would be to upload the plugin files again and deactivate/uninstall them.
Ahh okay, can it cause harm to my forum in the future?
Define "Harm" ;-)
Its all depending on what plugin you have installed and what changes they have made to your database. (since you're on a fresh forum, i don't think this would have effected your theme or other files)
But all we can say is that, its not the "recommended" way.
Pages: 1 2